Friday, March 22, 2013

Psalm 95


God is before all things, and in God, all things hold together.

                                                                                                                                 -Colossians 1:17











Psalm 95

1 O come, let us sing to the Lord;
   let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! 
2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
   let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! 
3 For the Lord is a great God,
   and a great King above all gods. 
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth;
   the heights of the mountains are his also. 
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
   and the dry land, which his hands have formed. 

6 O come, let us worship and bow down,
   let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! 
7 For he is our God,
   and we are the people of his pasture,
   and the sheep of his hand. 

O that today you would listen to his voice! 
8   Do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah,
   as on the day at Massah in the wilderness, 
9 when your ancestors tested me,
   and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work. 
10 For forty years I loathed that generation
   and said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
   and they do not regard my ways.’ 
11 Therefore in my anger I swore,
   ‘They shall not enter my rest.’



No comments:

Post a Comment